Overnight French Toast Recipes...
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 12 slices day old (or older) Challah bread
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown
sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Remove from the heat. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
Top with six slices of bread. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle
half over the bread. Place remaining bread on top. Sprinkle with remaining
cinnamon-sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk,
vanilla and remaining cinnamon. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8
hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30
minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.